The Annual AGOA Civil Society Forum was hosted in Washington, DC from June 11-15, 2012.
As a member of the organizing committee, ADC's President got a first hand look at what kind of impact this legislation has made since it was enacted in 2000. Up for renewal in 2015, there has been debate about AGOA's effectiveness in its current form. Read More>>
- Somalia: Business Booms in Mogadishu As Eid-Ul-Fitr Draws Nearer July 26, 2014
- Africa: Social Protection Needed to Reduce Inequalities July 26, 2014
- Uganda: Mobile Phone Alerts Help Uganda Nab Forest Criminals July 26, 2014
- Sudan: Evidence Suggests Sudan Armed South Sudan Rebels July 26, 2014
- Kenya: Two Terror Suspect Killed in Mombasa July 26, 2014
As ADC ramps up our outreach efforts for our Beyond the Vote Initiative, we want to keep abreast of the latest news on the immigration front.
Click here to read the following article by Elinor K. Tesfamariam, Esq. to find out more about this new policy enacted June 15, 2012 by the Obama administration.